Thursday, December 27, 2007

My first blog!

So, I've decided to officially become a blogger. Living in Napa is so wonderful and fabulous for me, but I am far away from many of my family and friends! So, I figure this will be an easy and somewhat fun way for me to keep in contact. And, it's much easier than having my own website. I'm going to give it a try and see how it is. Right now I'm on winter break too, so it may be easy to get it started. So, to start off right, here are 100 things you may have never known (or wanted to know) about me!:

1. Sometimes I care too much about what others think.
2. I am a very fast (although not always accurate) typist.
3. I love looking up recipes, but hate shopping at the store for so many ingredients.
4. I don’t really like staying up late.
5. I’m online way too much.
6. I love working out, especially during the winter and walking outside into the cold afterwards.
7. I don’t really watch many popular TV shows, although I feel like I’m always watching TV.
8. I always do the dishes and laundry in our house.
9. I hate vacuuming and cleaning bathrooms with a passion, but love how it looks once I’ve done it.
10. We really want twin boys and a girl, but know that it probably won’t happen.
11. Silver earrings hurt my ears, but I wear them anyways.
12. I love really long shirts.
13. I dislike it when people buy me things for our house. I’m extremely picky and return most of it. It's horrible, I know.
14. I love being on the beach with my family.
15. I love the smell of rubber and new shoes.
16. I wish all of my friends lived in the same town.
17. I love taking pictures and looking at them online, but hate lots of pictures around a house.
18. I think I would like to take up scrap-booking, but hardly ever finish a project.
19. I love blue, purple, red, and dislike pink.
20. I love cheesy girly movies and comedies.
21. I think Donnie and I could move to the mountains and love it.
22. I love how I grew up and wouldn’t change it for anything.
23. I love math.
24. I went to every kind of camp as a kid and loved them all.
25. I wish Donnie and I had met earlier.
26. I can’t do one thing at a time. I usually do 3 or 4 things at once.
27. I love to pluck my eyebrows.
28. I would much rather be burning hot than freezing cold.
29. I think 70% of people should have their driving licenses taken away.
30. I hate being wrong.
31. I love buying plants, but it takes me a long time to plant them.
32. I wish there was a Coffee Bean in Napa.
33. I have no problem doing things by myself.
34. I wish I had a walk-in closet and would keep it super-organized.
35. I love how sometimes I know more about sports than Donnie, and I am so thankful he isn’t obsessed with them.
36. I love black and white clothes.
37. I like to sleep in cars.
38. I talk to Janet about 4 times a day.
39. If I don’t make a list, I’ll forget something.
40. I don’t really like washing and drying my hair.
41. I’m always on the lookout for the perfect lip-gloss.
42. I love naps, but rarely take them anymore.
43. I like to get stuff done in the morning.
44. I’m extremely indecisive.
45. I’d much rather do something than get something.
46. I either eat really healthy all day or really horrible all day.
47. I hate it when people mess up “good” and “well”.
48. I can’t standby and watch someone put together something.
49. I get stuck on certain clothes at a time and forget about the rest.
50. Jazmin and I are best friends when Donnie’s away and enemies when he’s home.
51. We follow the DeBarr’s tradition of Thursday night Survivor and Panda Express.
52. I don’t like writing thank-you cards but feel better when I do.
53. I steal Donnie’s socks and shirts at least once a day.
54. We go to Tahoe with the family once every summer, the best vacation ever.
55. I’ve seen every Friends episode ever taped at least 15 times.
56. I hate talking politics, because obviously I’m right!
57. I will only eat KFC once a year, if that.
58. I love trashy celebrity magazines, even though it only takes about 20 minutes to read through them.
59. I love beef, but barely ever order it at a restaurant.
60. I am an excellent colorer.
61. My favorite book is The Great Gatsby, even though my high school boyfriend obnoxiously gave away the ending to me.
62. I’m very competitive. All the time. When Donnie and I wrestle, it infuriates me that I can’t win.
63. I hate the word ginormous.
64. Sometimes commercials will make me laugh out loud or cry.
65. My favorite animals are raccoons and lobsters (I don’t know why, I really like lobsters)
66. I’m horrible at refilling the fridge with soda.
67. I think having the heater on is worth it.
68. Donnie always falls asleep before me.
69. I hate getting up early during the week, but then I can’t sleep in on the weekends.
70. I think many things are ridiculously over-priced.
71. It sometimes takes me a long time to warm up to people.
72. I still stare at my ring at least 3 times a day.
73. I love kid’s meals.
74. I think I’m generally a good person.
75. I can’t buy ice cream because I will eat the whole thing in a couple of days.
76. I can’t stay at home all day ever.
77. I am an excellent parallel parker.
78. I have no idea how to file taxes.
79. I can actually do charcoal drawings very well, but I don’t do them.
80. I get really obsessed with any one subject or thing for a while, and think about it all the time.
81. I like things that are plain. Plain colors, plain ice cream, plain clothes.
82. I sometimes get hooked on bad reality shows on MTV (The Hills & Shot at Love)
83. I didn’t go on a plane until I was 17.
84. I actually like feeling hungry.
85. I think my worst physical feature is my toes.
86. I hate it when people chew gum on TV.
87. I love to take stickers off of things.
88. I like things neat, but I hate to clean.
89. I’ve owned 8 types of pets throughout my life.
90. Even if I know I shouldn’t answer the door, I do anyways.
91. I love kids, but worry sometimes about how their parents raise them.
92. Donnie and I eat cheese & crackers for dinner a couple nights a week.
93. I don’t like mismatched things, cups, towels, etc.
94. I think I have good morals.
95. I don’t like when things or people are loud.
96. I notice when things are misspelled.
97. I love to daydream.
98. I think I have the best family and friends.
99. I think I’ve had an amazing life.
And 100! I can’t believe I thought of 100 things about myself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen is an interesting individual. Weird, but interesting.

Lori T said...

I had to sit here and read through these, just to get a little insight about you, Kristen. I think you sound amazing and I'm so glad you and Donnie found each other. I'm looking more to find out how you met and more about your lives thus far together! I'm just so happy & excited for you and your new family! Thanks again for the link...I'd love to meet you and your son and see Donnie again when I'm in Napa...which may be sooner than later...I'm hoping to take a trip and play "tourist", hopefully within the next 6 months. You see, I grew up in Napa, graduated from Napa High...but I've been in Oregon for over 22 years.