Monday, February 11, 2008

Balloons in Napa

It seems people in Napa are sometimes whiney. It's like life is easy enough here that they have to find something to occupy their time. Like complaining about the ballooners.

Personally, I absolutely love seeing the hot-air balloons on any given morning. Sometimes at school in the mornings, when all of the kids are lined up for the flag salute, anywhere from 5-8 can be seen in the sky. Yet another reason to love living here!

Donnie can hear them in the mornings on the weekend. I still laugh when he says, "balloon," when we're waking up, and I don't believe him. But, every time we run out into the yard and without fail is a hot-air balloon near our house. I don't mind it and love seeing them whenever this happens. I don't even hear them and would never hear them without Donnie pointing them out. But apparently, people get furious with them in the country. I happened upon a blog devoted to bashing the ballooners.
Citizens for Safe Ballooning

I guess I have never experienced what these homeowners have. But, I still think I would be understanding if a hot-air balloon had an emergency landing near us.





2 comments:

groovyinclinations said...

This is an incredible photo! My aunt and uncle live in Napa!

Great work!
mindy wilson
mwilson.etsy.com

Lori T said...

I went to my first Hot Air Balloon rally last year, Donnie's Great Aunt Kathy took me...you know she worked for a Hot Air Balloon company on 'crew' for like 11 years! I have yet to take a ride in one, but maybe this year? I hope so...I have some incredible pics on MySpace and Flickr that I've posted.