All I wanted for my birthday is for my friends to come up wine tasting, so Donnie and I sprang for a limo and we got to do it the real way! Also, it's the way Donnie and I met. 4 years ago, for Heather's bachelorette we came up wine tasting in a limo/bus. After our first winery, for some reason we told the bus driver we wanted beer! So he drove way down-valley out of the way to Safeway, where the fire truck was waiting in the parking lot. The rest is history!
We started our tasting at Madonna Estate, personal friends of Donnie and I and one of our favorites. We had a wonderful tour and private tasting!
Next, we went to Ceja Vineyards. Donnie and I will definitely be back there again, what a wonderful small vineyard, with Bocce Ball! We even found out the winery has weekly Saturday Salsa lessons downtown, we'll have to try that sometime.
The Bell at Ceja,
After spending time there we stopped for lunch at Oakville Grocery. The adorable grocery store on 29 that I always look at, but have never been in. We got sandwiches and chips and headed to our last winery, Fluery. Fluery was picturesque, with Adirondack chairs and vineyards all around. A beautiful end to the day! When we got home, Janet had made us a fabulous homey dinner, raviolis, casserole, and salad. I need to turn 30 again!
1 comment:
sounds like an awesome day! happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment