Friday, January 28, 2011

What's New?

Yes, I'm aware I took a blogging break in Jan :)  I'd love to say life was hectic, but really it was just nice taking a break from blogging.  Partly because of first trimester tiredness and partly out of laziness.  Winter has been killing us and making it hard to get stuff done or be motivated.  We've been stuck inside most days, but the weather is starting to get nicer and hopefully that will come to an end soon!  Jackson doesn't like to be stuck inside and neither do we along with him!

Life is starting to get back to busy.  Jackson and I are starting a parent/child preschool next week which should be interesting.  We start Jackson's 3rd year of swim lessons next week too!   We're starting them with a private company at an indoor pool, since I won't be able to do swim lessons with him this summer.  His swim lessons through the city last summer said he could come back this summer with the 3 year old class (where parents don't have to get in with their kids!) so I'm hoping the indoor lessons this spring will get him prepared for that.  Other than that, Jackson's been a pretty good 2 year old.  He has his bad days but can be an angel when he wants to.  He doesn't quite understand that library story time is a time when you sit down, not stand in front of the the lady with the book so that nobody else can see.  We haven't quite mastered that yet.  Right now his favorite thing is to 'help' in the kitchen, which usually means mixing the salad and picking out and eating all of his favorite parts.

Donnie's been working hard around the house.  On his days off he's been able to go crabbing, duck hunting, and we all went to the Sportsman Expo last week.  Yes, I'd say another boy will fit in well with our family :)  We're just trying to get all the fun in and lots of stuff done before fire season hits!  We've all been at the playground or the lake feeding the geese on nice days too.

And, if I haven't mentioned on here, we're building a "guest" house in the backyard and that is finally starting to happen.  We talked with our contractor today, had our septic guy make a site plan last week, and hopefully we'll get the plans drawn next week.  The contractor said once the permits are approved, the job shouldn't take more than 2-3 months.  Yipee!  I was hoping we'd have this done by the end of 2011, but maybe we'll have it done by summer!

2 comments:

The Caldwell's said...

I am glad you are back too! I love seeing what is going on in the Privett household.

Jennifer said...

I've been meaning to ask you about the guest house. Glad to see an update - that way I don't seem so nosey for asking, lol.