Saturday, October 1, 2011

Napa Style

I've forgotten to post that we had a wonderful mini-vaca.  Donnie and I won a free night's stay at Mount View Hotel in Calistoga at his fire appreciation dinner.  It had to be used before the end of this year, so we wanted to use it while the weather was still nice.  We had a great time!

Of course my camera never came out of the bag, but we got a few iphone pics.

We started at Madonna, fabulous as always.  Then we went to Alpha Omega, I looked up somewhere that would allow us to picnic.









Then we went to Joseph Phelps.  Joseph Phelps is one of the wineries I went to on the day I met Donnie.  We all received a complimentary bottle of wine that day, and I forgot it in the hotel room in San Francisco that night.  Donnie will never let me live that one down.  We were going to buy a new 2005 bottle (the year it was) that day, but they were $225.  Yeah, unfortunately not going to happen.  


This couple I posted on Facebook and people seemed to think it was us?!?!  No, the guy was wearing shorts embroidered with marijuana leaves, lol. 

We ended the night by checking in, dinner at the Calistoga Inn, and the Hydro.  The purple drink is Donnie's, which he took two sips of and was done, undrinkable.  I said I would trade him, took two sips and said no way.  Gross.  It sat there full until the bartender noticed and gave him a new drink :)

The next morning we headed out to see the Caldwells!  Colby got to see them and Logan for the first time.  And stayed a bit too long because there's too much to talk about!

Such a great trip, hopefully we win again this year!

No comments: