Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Not so wordless Wednesday...

Today was the first day of school! (I hesitate to put an exclamation.)

It is bittersweet. Yes, I am very thankful I have a job this year. I am one of the lucky ones, and the fact that I'm at my same school and grade is amazing. But I wish I were at home teaching my own child. I don't want to miss a thing! (Although Janet has said she won't tell us if he does anything special so we can see it for ourselves.)

Ah well, 179 more days of school. At least we found out our third grade scores were great last year, so I have the challenge of doing even better this year!

To get myself a little excited, I bought our family new stainless steel water bottles (I just need to order the sippy for Jackson and Donnie's is a big black one, looks like the big Papa water bottle) and myself a new lunchbox. I got the containers that go inside, so if I just sew myself some napkins, I will be totally trash-free this school year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your new lunchbox is soooo cute!