Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fire Dinner Weekend

This weekend we headed to Napa for Donnie's Annual Napa County Fire Appreciation Dinner.  Jackson was so excited to spend the night at Nana's and we were excited for a night to ourselves!

After dropping him off, we headed downtown for appetizers at Norman Rose to hold us until dinner.  I've never had fried pickles before, but knew we had to try them.  Pregnant woman's dream!

FriedPickles iphone
{Please excuse the iphone pic.  I'm not good about taking my camera to restaurants, let alone taking it out to take a picture}

Fire Appreciation Dinner in Calistoga was fabulous as usual.  Of course finally winning in the raffle helped our night.  One night's stay in a suite at the Mount View Hotel & Spa in Calistoga, yippee!  Now we get to come back in the fall for another great night.  


Jackson had a great time at Nana's playing outside.  The next day we stopped by the station, where Jackson got to do his normal playing in the engine and feeding the horses.

SWheel

EngineSmile

And of course we came home with our regular souvenirs :)

Cupcakes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE pictures of Jackson!!! I didn't picture Fried Pickles to be like that at all. Weird. I thought they'd be sliced, lol.

Kristen said...

Ash, I thought the same! I thought they would be sliced liked fried zucchini.

Jennifer said...

We have them both ways here - Katz has them like you guys had them but most of the other places we have them serve them sliced. Either way - heavenly! Glad you liked them.