Sunday, March 11, 2012

Little Chicks

We are loving our little chicks.  Every day Jackson wants to go see them and hold them.  At first, he was a bit scared to pick them up.  He would swing his arm around and proclaim he "couldn't" do it.  It was all pretend.  I think he was just a bit scared to hurt them after squeezing one a bit too much on the first day.  But, he got over it and loves them now.   He can pick them up quickly now whenever he wants, which is probably too often.

He named this one either Patty or Patsy.  Not sure where that came from.  I can't seem to find the little paper where I wrote down which color was what (and which kind we actually bought) but we're pretty sure this one is a Buff Orpington,

Jackson&Patsy

And with a Rhode Island Red,

Jackson&RI

We have two of each kind.  This last one is a Wyandotte and although they're the smallest, seem to be the most friendly and the only ones who are skilled enough to jump up and roost on the box.  May be time to get rid of the box and get them a mini-perch.

one week old and attempting a break out.

4 comments:

kbtravels said...

SO cute!!!!

Stephanie said...

I love how happy he looks with his chicks!

holly said...

adorable!

ps—we have those shirts, too! they don't look nearly as crisp. hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Welp, I know where we are going when the world ends and everyone is scrounging around for food. Tell DP to hurry up and buy the goat too :)