So, Stacey and Heather came up to visit on Saturday! I love it whenever anybody comes up and I can attempt at showing them around Napa. I'm still learning and always trying new places. Soon enough I'll have a couple favorites to show people. I'm still looking for free places that are just nice and friendly.

First we went to Domain Chandon. Sparkling Wine (I hate calling it that, why can't we just call it Champaigne too?) is always a good way to kick off a day. Domain Chandon was beautiful yesterday, the first day all week that the sun came out and there was no rain. If you ever are thinking of going, just know that it sometimes gets pretty crowded, since it's one of the first places going up-valley, and it's a teeny pricy ($15 for 3-4 tastes). If you're thinking of buying any, just wait! Don't buy it there, it's cheaper in the grocery store.
So, we make our way to Rutherford and head over to the Silverado Trail to go to Rutherford Hill winery. Nice there again. We were one of 3 groups there, and they had more old guys working there than people tasting. We all chose the red flight, which is $15 for 5 wines, plus port (which he brought out chocolate blueberries to taste with, so good!), and he added on another taste. Pretty good deal there! Always works for 3 girls to schmuz it up with the pourer (especially helps when he's a guy pushing 60+) to get some free tastes.
Ah, so the best part is that after Rutherford Hill, we stop for lunch, directly underneath at Auberge du Soleil. It is this beautiful mediterranean hotel on the hillside overlooking the valley. And we're lucky that it's nice enough to eat on the patio. With a view like this, we decide we are going to stay here as long as possible!

Heather had been here before and said the calamari is amazing. All she had to say is calamari at all, and we're already sold. Our calamari comes out with our wines, and it looks amazing, tentacles and all. If you're one who's scared of the tentacles, just do it! I swear they're better than the ring ones.We all share a salad and pasta. 3 of us sharing 1 salad and 1 pasta and there's still leftovers. We decide we're too full for desert. That is, until the host brings out profiteroles to the table next to us and pours chocolate sauce all over the top. Yeah, we will be having desert. We had been debating over this warm cookie plate all afternoon and decide to it order, but please put a scoop of ice cream on top. I wish I had taken a picture of this plate of cookies! 12 cookies, chocolate chip, peanut butter, and oatmeal. All with ice cream on the top.

So, our day was amazing. On the way home I show them the parking lot where our party bus stopped and we met Donnie. (If you didn't already know, Stacey was the one who planned Heather's bachelorette, where Heather dragged Donnie out of the supermarket and gave him my number.) And they want to see the fire house, so we drive down the road. Donnie shows them around (no pole at Donnie's station), and give Donnie our many leftover cookies on the way out. Great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment