The storm hit today. Donnie and I noticed how bad it was when the power went out at 9am and he immediately got called into work. He got called in for Swift Water Rescue Team, how exciting! But, that meant I'm stuck at home, with the power out and nothing to do. So, he brought me his little volunteer radio so I could listen to the fire calls all day. So, my last Friday of vacation I got to stay in bed reading all day, trying to keep warm, and listening to his radio. And, turns out, this thing is more interesting than television! I felt like a little old lady trying to listen to neighbors gossip. And a lot of interesting things get called in, propane tank busts, floods and roads closed, tons of tree and electrical wires flying, alarm sounding in a elderly home room turns out to be kids breaking in and smoking, and even a head-on collision (that was the sad one). Even Jazmin knew something was wrong because she kept trying to jump into bed with me, and she would never even try that on a normal day.
Well, when the power went back on in the early afternoon, I took Jazmin to the garage to let her out. And, sitting on my car are Donnie's fishing waders and boots. I don't know if he left them on accident or put them there for me. I started laughing when I saw them, could you imagine me trying to get through the flooded streets in his fishing waders? It was very nice if he did leave them for me, but I don't think I'm going anywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment