It happened today at school.
I have to admit, for the six years I have now taught, when I see the little Kindergartners crying and clinging to their parent's legs on the first day of school, I've always thought to myself, "Just do it. Turn and leave them. They will be fine. Don't follow them into the classroom. It will just make it worse."
And then today, I was watching the PM Kindergartner's class walking to their classroom at 9:45am to start their day of Kindergarten. Three of the kids in line were bawling like little cry-babies for their mommies, and for the VERY first time in six years, my heart broke for them. And my heart broke for their mommies, because I FINALLY knew how hard that must be for them.
Wow. I did not see that coming. But I finally understand.
5 comments:
That is so sad. :( I'm dreading that day already!
I don't even like thinking about school for M&I.
I can't even think about it yet...
I felt the same way until Damien and Brianna went to school. But they never balled out cried. Which was a good thing. I think Elsa cried a lot more than they did. lol
My "two" are all grown up now, but I can remember watching the other mommies and their little ones and it made me so sad for them...especially when mine would just turn and wave and blow me a kiss or tell me "Love you Mom!" as they scampered into their classroom; and do you know, it lasted all through their school years, I took them on their first days every year, til maybe their Junior or Senior year in high school, when they drove themselves, so I got this "Bye Mom, Love You" at the house...I now look forward to the day when I get the "bye grama" loves. Hopefully, someday, SOON!
Post a Comment