Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tahoe, Night 2

The second night, we decided to sleep in the truck. So much better! It was so warm with the new shell Donnie bought for his truck. And since we forgot our air mattress anyways, the level bed was much nicer! I would definitely do that again!



How glad was I that we were in the truck that night, when Donnie woke me up to look at the bear. Although our conversation went like this.
Donnie: "Look, look at the bear!" (pointing his flashlight right at it)
Me: "Where?"
Donnie: "Right there!" (waving his flashlight frantically)
Me: "Where?"
Donnie: (waving and now half out of the truck pointing)
Me: "OH! It's RIGHT THERE!"
Donnie: "I'm going out to go to the bathroom."
Me: "WHAT?!"
Donnie: "Where's the camera."
Me: "WHAT?!"

I couldn't believe him. Crazy. But he did get some pics!



The Bear's food of choice, Cool Whip. Not from our campsite!

4 comments:

Andrew, Jessica & Noah said...

OMGosh--that's crazy!! SEE, that's why I don't camp!!

Amber said...

Wow. That is a big bear! How amazing and scary that you got to see him (or her).

Jennifer said...

Jess - I doubt you will see bears in AZ! Donnie was brave to get out and take those. Sounds like a fun - but scary - night!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe Donnie went outside. Is he nuts!?!