We had a whirlwind weekend, and yet another bad camera weekend.
Friday we head to Carmel for Nicole and Jeff's wedding day. Congrats Nicole & Jeff! So much fun, I was so sad that day when our camera died right in the church because everything was gorgeous! I thought it was charging every time I would download it to the computer. When it actually hadn't been for months, so I'm really surprised it did last as long as it did. Il Fornaio, A.W. Shucks, Jack London's, Piatti, and shopping. Including finally being able to buy lots of stuff at Lush for our tub at the new house after lusting at the store for years in Santa Monica. And best of all, great friends! We stayed at the adorable Cobblestone Inn (with a beautiful river rock fireplace in our room amongst red rose wallpaper, lol), and it was a great mini vacation.
Sunday we headed to Auburn for the Auburn River Festival to see a friend and coworker demonstrating swift water rescue. Donnie and I are joking that it should be called the "Auburn River Gathering" instead of a festival, but they are trying to get there and it was still fun to support and another mini road trip. I'm just as bummed that we/I forgot the camera, but it was one of those times you're just a little too far when you remember than you really want to turn around for. Sunday morning before we left, we were all laying in bed. Jackson was trying to turn on a bedside lamp with a turning on/off switch. After trying forever, he finally was able to turn it on, threw up his arms and said, "I did it!" I was laughing as Donnie said, "Oh no, you didn't just say that!?" Possibly a fluke, but I'd say the kid is fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment