Wednesday, July 14, 2010

First Craft

First craft to cross off my summer list.  I got this HUGE ugly frame a while ago.  Nobody but I could see it's potential.  I had big plans for this frame at our new house, and the plans were definitely not going to be putting a 3 foot by 3 foot Mona Lisa in the house.

Photobucket


One can of white spray paint and a sheet of galvanized metal and here is the after!

Board2

I love it because it's on this huge blank wall in our laundry room and now holds all of our junk. Not really junk, but stuff I want to show off for a little while or easily find.  I'm just not one to put stuff on our fridge and have it falling off all of the time.  It's right smack in your face when you walk into the house from the garage, our calendar and all. 

Board

7 comments:

Blair said...

Love the Potterybarn letters and canisters!!!

Kristen said...

They are fabulous, thank you for getting them! They were originally intended for Jackson, but they were too cute for me to part with (and a bit small & sharp). So he will be getting his own magnet board as my next craft!

The Fredy Family said...

I am so copying this!!!

Kristen said...

Aimee, I actually remember seeing in one of your pictures a ton of just frame molding, and thinking, "Man I could totally use one of those for what I'm doing!" You have quite the collection!

The Fredy Family said...

Those were a birthday gift from the hubby. I am probably one of the few women who would be happy with $25 in old ugly frames!! haha!!! I was gonna use them for photography stuff but now I may be putting one in my room. :-)

Brandy said...

Ballard Designs sells a very similar one for like $200. Yours is totally cuter! Love it and want one for my office!

Kristen said...

$200!! Oh my, I think mine cost less than $30!