is not doing so well! I was so excited to garden at our new house, we have SO much space!
At our old house last year, Donnie made 4 raised beds, we filled only 3 and still couldn't keep up with the vegetables coming from it. This year, I decided we'd wait on beds (since Donnie has a MILLION things on his to-do list and I wanted to see how the ground would be regular). Well, regular ground at the new house isn't cutting it! A gopher already bit all the roots off one of my heirloom tomato plants until it just fell over. Today Jackson and I walked out to water and one of our pepper plants is gone. GONE. Like where it's making me think I have early-Alzheimer's because it was there yesterday, gone today. I mean, it doesn't look like I ever planted one!
Such a bummer, since last weekend while we were in Napa, I went to a Year Round Vegetable Class and was so excited to get back to our garden. What makes it even more frustrating is this farm that is literally on the other side of our backyard fence, and looking over the fence and seeing their fabulous crops!
Not only that, but watering in the ground with Jackson is a disaster. Every single day we're hosing him down after he stomps himself silly in the mud. Fun for him, not for me! (Although thank goodness for kid's Crocs!) I will try to take some pictures, but usually I'm such a mess from dragging his muddy self back to get a hose off.
No comments:
Post a Comment