Thursday, September 16, 2010

Summer List

I guess summer is about officially over (even though fire season IS NOT!)  And it's about time to revisit my list.  Here are my excuses for the ones we didn't do.  :)

~Take swimming lessons again 
~Bike through Bidwell (WAY to complicated right now with the bike trailer.)
~Blow bubbles
~Paint outside
~Start our garden
~Start our compost
~Date night with Donnie to his first sushi in Chico (I guess we haven't had a date night in a while.  No, I guess we did have one in Napa, just not in Chico since living here yet!)
~Have camping guests
~Discover a signature popsicle recipe for our house (one for adults and one for kids)
~Take pictures in an orchard
~Have a picnic (No excuses for this one.)
~Take a trip up to the ranch (I'm still waiting for an open-ranch day.  We did meet one of the owners, does that count?)
~Draw with chalk on our driveway
~Go to a story time at the library (Yeah, I realized Jackson is not that reliable yet as a well-behaved boy.  He is pretty well mannered now, but I'm not sure about the library.  That doesn't sound fun to me yet.)
~Walk through campus
~Finally see Avatar (We rented it and never watched it.  Really 3 hours of a movie does not sound exciting to either of us!)
~Run out to get an ice cream from the ice cream man (and have my camera charged this time!)
~Visit the winery in Chico (Nope, but we're going to do the Sierra Oro Farm Trail Passport Weekend in the beginning of October for Janet's birthday!)
~Bake a treat (or 2 or 3!)
~Learn to grill vegetables really well & try to grill pizza or a side dish (Nope, actually I totally forgot about pizza or a side dish, we were having way too much fun with the regular food!)
~Swim with cousins
~Make a craft (or 2)
~Eat lots of watermelon
~Make ice cream sandwiches
~Play bocce & Yahtzee
~Have a sleep over for Jackson 
~Host lots of guests     Yes, I would definitely say we accomplished this one.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You had a really busy summer! Glad you got some of that stuff marked off your list. Even more glad to have helped :P

The Fredy Family said...

we grill all of our pizza. go to trader joes and get their premade pizza dough and bbq just the shell and then broil it to melt the cheese. Yum!

Lauri VS. said...

I like your list idea. You've got to give story time a try at the library. Just make sure it is for his age group. We've been going since Brandon was 4 months. He gets so excited for it. He is a terror after he leaves story time, when I'm checking out books for the older girls, but you can't always win, right?