Yes, I thought I would try it, and it's so easy! Today we went to the store because Jackson needed a nap(the car is a sure-fire bet), and I noticed green beans were on sale. So, I bought a pound for $1.29.
Cooked them,
Pureed them,
And froze them! The 2 containers in the back are little "baby cubes" so you can take the baby food to-go just like the kind they sell. I only filled 2 of 8 of those kinds to freeze, since I'm going to be making more food before we actually start giving him this food at 6 months.
Done!
How easy was that?! And at $1.29 for around a weeks worth of food, compared to around that same amount for a jar of food. I'm allowed to be pretty proud of myself for that!
2 comments:
I used to do the same thing. My girls loved the home made baby food so much more then the store bought and when I went the extra step and bough organic I really felt like I was doing some good Mommy stuff. Thanks for the walk down Mommy Memory lane.
yum! you inspired me to make green beans tonight! we're going to make a trip to the store as soon as miles wakes up from his nap!
Post a Comment