I like to think I'll be a pretty good parent. (still weird saying that) But, I do get to practice on 20 other people's kids every day. And my class is pretty well managed. They've started to give me the "problem kids" because they know I can handle them. Sad to say, we kind of refer to them like horses, like, "Yeah, Mrs. Privett can break him and whip him into shape."
The only thing is when you're child is little like Jackson, and you're trying to be a good parent, you want to talk to them all the time. So they hear the language. Rambling here and there about everything you're doing, and everything that's going on. "I'm putting on your sleeper, we need to change your diaper, let's walk to the kitchen."
But, once your kid gets to school, you have to remember to get them to stop. Please! Otherwise you have a class of 20 kids telling you everything they're doing and thinking. "I need to tie my shoe, I'm walking to the drinking fountain, my pencil broke, I wrote my name funny." AHHH! My head hurts by the end of the day.
So, I'm pulling my parenting and breaking them of this. I asked them all if they've ever seen someone walking down the street or riding the bus talking to themselves. And they all laughed. Then I asked if they've ever talked to themselves, and they said no! Paha! This may take longer than I thought.
2 comments:
OMG I could never understand why both my girls have to tell me every single thing they do all day long! I want to rip my hair out by 10 AM! I couldn't imagine hearing it from 20 kids at school at the same time!!!
Do you think it's because we talk(ed) to them all the time like you do with Jackson I did all the time with Emma, but Kailee I didn't as much cause she heard me talk to Emma, and Gabby hears me talk all day long to the girls.
Hi there. Just found your blog and thought I would drop a comment! You have the most beautiful family and love your posts.
Post a Comment