Tuesday, June 30, 2009

8 Months!


8 Months! You are 8 months today! A month filled with swimming, crawling, standing, and the inevitable bumps and bruises that went along with them.

I thought Jackson standing would be so much fun. Nope. It's all. he. wants. to. do. He'll pull up anywhere that will semi-hold the weight of him pulling up. But he needs a spotter 24/7 because he,

a. doesn't know how to get down
b. will lose his balance and inevitably hit his face somewhere
c. will let go of one hand, hold on for dear life with the other and swing around backwards and hit the back of his head

We have had more crying in the past week than EVER. Once was my fault too, when he was standing, I thought it was so cute that I waved at him, he got distracted and WHAM! (yeah, I cried too after that one). But yet with all this crying, he still won't do anything else. We call him little bull-head because he's just so stubborn. Donnie?

8 months and becoming quite a ham. When we go shopping it takes twice as long because Jackson has to smile at everyone. We go to Whole Foods when mama is sick of spotting your standing, and spend loads of time walking the aisles looking at people. He can sit in the shopping cart and sit in a booster seat at a restaurant like a big boy. Finally Jackson doesn't have to look like an overgrown newborn in his carseat!

We just love our bubba!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOL I had to giggle. My oldest was the same way. She needed a spotter 24/7. HAD to be standing All.The.Time. She is now 10 and a competitive gymnast...with a spotter! Enjoy!

Jennifer said...

Jackson - you are a doll, seriously, the girls will be falling at your feet asking YOU out. I can't believe how fast you are growing, such a big boy these days. And don't' you look handsome in your original Mommy Creation?!?!

Andrew, Jessica & Noah said...

Happy 8 months, cutie pie Jackson!