Sunday, October 10, 2010

Janet's Birthday Weekend

This weekend we celebrated Janet's birthday!  We celebrated with our family and our first Sierro Oro Farm Trail Passport Weekend.

Saturday we headed to Grey Fox Vineyards, Long Creek Winery, Quilici Vineyards, Gale Vineyards, and Bertagna Son Kissed Vineyard.  The DeBarrs brought a great lunch including Pumpkin Whoopie Pies made by Brynn!  After a long day we headed home for jambalaya and cake from Tin Roof.  Their 'Toast of Chico' cake, chocolate cake filled with caramel, topped with caramel butter cream and covered with toasted almonds, heaven.

Cake

Table

Sunday we went to New Clairvaux Vineyard, once home to the largest wine operation in the world during the late 1800's, in the tiny town of Vina.  Beautiful grounds and monastery.  Jackson met a Father Johnson, who just loved Jackson's name and then sent the other monks on golf carts to give Jackson high fives.


Monk

One of the workers told us to go into the old station building and find the old Fire Engine way back in the corner.  By far one of the greatest finds.  Dusty and dirty but old and beautiful.


Firetruck


Wall

4 comments:

The Caldwell's said...

Love the photos!!!! I need to plan a trip up to visit.

hg said...

As always, fantastic photos!!

You were the winner of the breast cancer t-shirt. Please send me your address so I can mail it out to you.

Kara said...

Your photography is absolutely beautiful! I enjoy stopping by to see your new pictures! (fellow fire wives blogger)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I love finding those old dusty fire engines waaaay back in the bays! I loved this picture!