Friday, October 8, 2010

Tahoe

We just got back from a short family vacation to Tahoe to celebrate the hopeful end of fire season!  Saying Jackson loved Tahoe would be the understatement of the week.  He loved it!  We had a great time, beach (although definitely not swimming weather), biking, and walking all around.

Combined

Dock

We couldn't resist the midweek deal.  $150 for 2 nights, $30 at The Beacon, 4 breakfasts, and complementary champagne and glasses.  It's almost like they were giving the rooms away!  And right on the beach too, so awesome.

Glasses

Beach

Jackson

Stick

Boys

One of the greatest parts of the trip was getting to see the Kokanee Salmon annual upstream swim.  Every year the fish return to their stream of origin to mate, spawn, and die.  I didn't believe Donnie at first when he said all they were doing was swimming upstream to die, but yup, he is always right.

Creek

This was just one view of the salmon.  I would think there was tens of thousands of them since this was just one of many spots in the creek this dense of salmon.

Fish2

Don't Rum Runners look weird out of their normal plastic cups?

RumRunners

5 comments:

AJ said...

WOW... gorgeous pics Kristen!!! Looks like you all had a lot of fun. I love Tahoe this time of year. Making me itch to take a drive up.

Jennifer said...

Looks like a great time! I love all the pictures and the narration.

The Caldwell's said...

Can't wait for November!!!! Rum Runners, here we come.

The Fredy Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!!!

Now I'm thinking half day Tahoe Trip tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

what kind of camera do you use?

erin