
Ten, 12 inch long Koi fish.

In a pond/stream that hasn't been taken care of in months, possibly a year. The pond is less than a foot deep in spots, and we just feel badly for the poor fish. I don't even know how we'd clean it at this point. So, we've decided to drain the stream and give away the fish. Can you imagine how fascinated with the stream Jackson would be and how dirty he would get from it? Not to mention that putting a fence around the pool would be somewhat pointless with this other body of water on the outside of it?
I do feel somewhat badly though. A lot of money & effort was put into making this stream with a nice filter, and here we are just going to drain it. We're not going to fill it in though, except replacing some new and clean river rock to make it a dry bed. In the future, if we ever want it again, I guess we can just start it back up.

I got back from being at the new house Wednesday night. The next morning, I put our 10 friends on Craigslist free to a good home and had 10 inquiries within an hour! I guess we could have charged for the Koi, but really, wouldn't you have felt badly?
"Please come fish out 10 Koi from our dirty pond, and by the way, we would like $10 for each disgusting fish you scoop out?"
No comments:
Post a Comment