Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday

1.  I got my job back.  Of course, after we've already moved.  Doesn't life always happen like that?  So, my principal, who knows our family's plan, was pushing me to put in my resignation quickly so that someone else could get their job back and have the weight off their shoulders.  I put it in on Friday afternoon and Monday morning, one of my good friends got her job back!!  Not sure if I am really thankful I got my job back, but I am certainly thankful that she did.

2.  Donnie got a bike trailer from a guy at work.  When we were in Chico last weekend, I was amazed at how many bikers there were.  I don't remember that many people biking when I went there!  We have a great bike trail right next to our house that leads to downtown.  On Saturday night we biked it and it's not even that far.  We haven't set up the bike trailer yet, so I'm crossing my fingers that Jackson will like it, but hopefully it will be fun!  I think it looks kind of like this one, but Donnie paid $50 for it new in the box from a guy at work!

3.  Only 28 more days of school.  I try to tell myself, if the people on Survivor are on day 28 of eating rice and coconuts, I can certainly do 28 days of 23 9-year-olds. 

5 comments:

hg said...

Ha ha, I like your theory about Survivor!!

The Fredy Family said...

We were in Chico last weekend as well. The Wildflower bike race was going on so that may have been why you saw a lot more bikers. It is a 100 mile race they do once a year. :-)

Kristen said...

Oh yeah, we saw that one as well. It was on our favorite shortcut home, which made it not quite as short. :) Looked very fun, but nope, I was even talking about the rest of the weekend! Very exciting.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Love # 3 you can totally do it :)

Unknown said...

You are awesome Kristen! I wish you the best of luck in your new adventures in Chico. I'm sure that you will not be too sad, not having to put up with 29 kiddos next year. Think of us once in a while :)