Saturday, August 28, 2010

"almost 2,"

and making the front page of the paper! "Jackson, almost 2, of Chico, picks his first peach ever at the Chico State University Farm on Tuesday," yup, I actually do think that's his first peach in the picture.

JacksonPaper

Inside the paper it reads, "Soon to join the women among the trees was Jackson, who is almost 2, with mom Kristen.  The mom recently acquired equipment for canning, but a lot of the fruit in their two buckets would probably be eaten fresh."

First off, laughing out loud, "The mom..."

Second, yup, I got a canning pot and the first batch turned out horribly.  I'm thinking it's not my thing and the pot might be turned into a beer pot for when the Caldwells teach us to brew our own.  That sounds like WAY more fun!

And third, "Soon to join the women among the trees was Jackson, " ha ha!  Because that's usually the case with our family too, lots of women and just a few boys.

3 comments:

The Caldwell's said...

We would LOVE to come up and brew beer together!!!

Jennifer said...

How cool!!! I think its hilarious that they totally knew your name but referred to you as "the mom", ha. Great writing.

Lovejoy Family said...

This is amazing! Great photo. Jackson is already a celebrity in Chico :)