Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Kate & Kris

Two BFFs, too far away.  Kate is in Santa Monica and I am in Chico, we've both lived in each city at one point.  It seems like we are constantly trying to keep up with each other's lives, trying find the time, now unfortunately the similarities.  But the one time we always seem to find the time for texting wars would be when one of us was watching Julie & Julia.  That, or enjoying a little too much wine, crackers, and brie.  Or both, they seem to go hand in hand.

So, it was decided.  Like Julie, we'd both buy Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking.   I love cooking for my family, but will admit for the most part horrible at it.  Katie on the other hand is wonderful at cooking, takes cooking classes for pleasure, and should probably make a career of it.  But, unfortunately LA is more of a going out to eat city, so she doesn't always have the subjects to practice on (like my unwilling 2).

We decided we'll do 2 recipes a week.  Doable.  We're both coming up with our must-try recipes and trying to figure out 2 a week that will go well together and not be too expensive.  I am a SAHM trying to save money and Katie's a 'Champagne Girl on a Beer Budget' (book title idea already taken, bummer).

524 recipes, 2 recipes a week.  That still gives us 5 years to get through this, if we choose to finish.  And nope, won't be blogging about it, just doing it for kicks.  (I'm totally not a food blogger.  Maybe a nice pic here and there, hopefully some good looking food will come from this, but that's about all!)  Happy 29th Kate! ;)



2 comments:

Lauren said...

This is so cool. You really should reconsider blogging about this adventure however. I have been trying to muster the courage to buy this book and join the craze, but I could really use some inspiration...!

Lauri VS. said...

I loved the movie that inspired you. I hope we hear a little about it, at least the funny mishaps.