Monday, March 1, 2010

Valentine's Cookies

Another late post. For Valentine's Day, Jackson, Janet, and I made cookies to take to Donnie, who had to work. I was thinking sugar cookies, but Janet suggested her Snickerdoodles which aren't quite as sweet. The dough was already made, so I couldn't say no to that. We just rolled the dough in assorted Valentine's sugar that I got at the Dollar Spot at Target. And baked!




And put them in an Ikea cute Valentine's Tin! Although the tin might actually be Christmas, I'm not sure, it looks like it could go for either holiday. Oops, I don't have a picture of the side of it.

Donnie said all of the cookies were gone in less than a couple hours! It's probably something about the Snickerdoodles and the cream of tartar in them. Not too sweet, which they love.

Snickerdoodles

Mix together thoroughly: 1 cup shortening, 1-1/2 cups sugar, and 2 eggs.

Sift together & stir in: 2-3/4 cups sifted flour, 2 tsp. cream of tartar, and 1 tsp. each soda & salt.

Chill dough. Roll into balls the size of small walnuts. Roll in sugar. Place about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. (I use parchment paper instead, I think it's the key so that the sugar doesn't burn.) Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned. I try to take them out right at the hint of browning, no more. I like them soft, not crunchy.

2 comments:

The Fredy Family said...

Yum yum yum!! Love those cookies!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe Kris!