Monday, April 19, 2010

This One Hit Close to Home

There is a bit of an uproar here in Napa in the Fire Fighting community.  This is why.  (Well, it's the most unbiased write up of what has happened that I can find.)  Here is his full letter to the editor though.

I'll just say that it really made me mad.  It also really confused me as to why a businessman would let his mouth run off like this without really getting his facts straight.  I love how one of the commenters writes, "Don't drink and write."  Duh, Mr. Sattui, you're in a business with your name directly stamped to it.  I'm not sure if the backlash will really put a dent in his sales, the tourists are clueless these days.   I do hope one day he feels badly about his choice.

5 comments:

hg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hg said...

Wow, he's got guts! (not sure why I deleted my first comment. I did want people to know what I thought about that guy shooting his mouth off)

Hayley said...

That kind of attitude is so pervasive here in the midwest.

So annoying. People like that are really ignorant, though, of the facts, which is a small comfort to me!

Thought West Coast firefighters had idol status! But apparantly not. :-)

Sarah Cook said...

Grrr...this makes me mad all the way down here in South Georgia!!! My husband works hard for menial pay and is gone from our home for 24 hours--and he DOESN'T get paid for sleep time...yet he is still required to be at the department and only gets paid during that time if there is a call. I'm behind the West Coast FFs all the way!

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness Sarah, that is horrible. To make them be away from their families for 24 hours and not paying them is just awful!